Sunday, August 4, 2013

Last day in Paris - kid's comments

Skylar says,

We are in Paris. we are going to leave to Senegal today.  we have some pet flowers.  Sylvia says they aren't pets but I think they are.  We give them mint seltzer water.  There is a subway track that goes by our hotel.  It is a double-decker subway.

Sylia says:

Skylar thinks it's a double decker subway but it's actually - what's that called? - RER

Skylar says about moving to Senegal:

I don't know what Senegal is.  I felt like the United States was my border line but now I don't want to leave France.

Sylvia Says:

When I first leaved the United States, I knew there were little shops in Paris.  (Pointing out the window.)  I see it!  It's double decker!

Marc Says:

Yesterday, after walking around Versailles, we were talking about our plans for the next day and I was SHOCKED to realize that tomorrow was the big day - we were actually going to get to Senegal!  It seems that emotionally, I was expected that we would be heading back to Greenfield after our fun little Paris vacation.

Emotion and intellect are so very disconnected sometimes.

And so, this morning, I went for a run along the Seine.  There is a rather long island in the middle of the Seine, the I'ile-Saint-Denis, that is about a 1/2 mile from our hotel.  You can run across the bridge to the island then there are bike paths, dirt paths, and some areas where you need to run on the road, and run for about 3 miles along the river.  At the north-west end of the long cresent, there is a large municipal park with dirt paths, a number of fun playgrounds, and several other runners.

As I ran back to the hotel, I thought how nice it would be to show the kids and Julienne the fun things I'd seen.  Having bicycles would really help us see the city - luckily, we have our bikes in Senegal!

And so, the next time I post, we will be in the city of our new home.  Exciting and nervous.  I dreamed of Senegal last night and it was rather pleasant.  Meaninglessness of dreams aside, it is still nice to have a pleasant, if fictitious memory.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Family,
    We have been enjoying your adventures in Paris.
    What a lovely time for the kids....and the adults.
    Look forward to the next step... and your home for the near future.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to track you as you fly over Casablanca!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from Uncle Glenn! I would like to see pictures of your pet plants.

    ReplyDelete